Paris - Belinda Bencic completed an excellent week, which saw her win the Kremlin Cup and qualify for the year-ending WTA finals, with a three-place climb to No 7 in the WTA rankings released on Monday.
The Swiss needed to reach the final to have any chance of qualifying for the Shenzhen year-ender but underlined her rise with a 3-6, 6-1, 6-1 win in Moscow over 2014 champion Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.
It was her second title of the year following victory in Dubai in February.
The Australian Ashleigh Barty retains the No 1 slot ahead of the Czech Karolina Pliskova.
Bianca Andreescu, Simona Halep and Petra Kvitova all climb one place at the expense of Elina Svitolina who slips four spots to eighth while Kiki Bertens is down two to 10th.
The main climber outside the top 10 is Jelena Ostapenko, the 2017 French Open champion, who climbed 19 places to 44th following her title victory in Luxembourg on Sunday.
Top 20 in the latest WTA Tour rankings:
1. Ashleigh Barty (AUS) 6,476
2. Karolna Pliskova (CZE) 5,315
3. Naomi Osaka (JPN) 5,246
4. Bianca Andreescu (CAN) 5,041
5. Simona Halep (ROU) 4,962
6. Petra Kvitova (CZE) 4,401
7. Belinda Bencic (SUI) 4,120
8. Elina Svitolina (UKR) 3,995
9. Serena Williams (USA) 3,935
10. Kiki Bertens (NED) 3,870
11. Johanna Konta (GBR) 2,879
12. Sofia Kenin (USA) 2,615
13. Madison Keys (USA) 2,607
14. Aryna Sabalenka (BLR) 2,520
15. Petra Martic (CRO) 2,458
16. Marketa Vondrousova (CZE) 2,390
17. Angelique Kerber (GER) 2,275
18. Elise Mertens (BEL) 2,190
19. Alison Riske (USA) 2,185
20. Donna Vekic (CRO) 2,185